Sunday 8 November 2009

Mentally Ill people aren't always cuddly

Whew. Last night was exciting. But not in a good way. In a previous post I explained about my boyfriend having two different personalities, which is fine. But they're also a third who doesn't often come out, because the others keep him squashed down out of sight.
It's really hard to deal with something like that - to know that even though he sounds like, looks like the man you love, it's someone else. And someone not very nice. In many way I think that's the scariest thing about nights like last night - the fact that it's a virtual stranger in the body of the man I love.
It's something that people who havn't had to deal with a mentally ill person just can't understand. I know a lot of people would just see either someone dangerous, or someone using a poor excuse to treat me badly.
It's difficult to describe how I know that it isn't my boyfriend(s) - I sure anyone who has to deal with MPD or DPD will tell you that when it's someone you know well, you just know. And there's no doubt in my mind that it is a different person, even though medical opinion is against me. He moves differently acts differently. He even has a different sense of humour!
It's reallt hard - im fact it's the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with - being afraid of someone I love. Being genuinely in fear fro my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment