Thursday 24 September 2009

New places, new people

My boyfriend and I have both just started University. We are at different Uni's but in the same city, which is really nice. We still don't get too see each other as much as we'd like but at east he's not in Edinborough.

So far he seems to be coping really well. He's not very good with new places and people, but he's made some friends and managed to get to all his meetings, so that's a good start. However his halucionations are getting worse because of the stress, and so are the voices he hears.

It's really hard for me, because I really want to help him and be there for him but at the same time I know he's got to learn to cope by himself, and he wouldn't want everyone in his halls to know about his problems.

Finding the right balance is really difficult, made even harder by the fact that I've got a lot of problems at the moment as well. We're leaning on each other, which I suppose is what a strong relationship is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment