Wednesday 25 February 2009

Film Studies AS

There's been a lot of bad press recently for all the media studies subjects. I took 5 complette A levels including communications studies and Flim Studies (the others were General Studies - compolsory at my college - theology and politics) and I have to tell you they are my no means cop-out subjects. To all those who are considering taking film studies, ignor your parents - it is a real subject. But be warned it is not easy or low on work. Especially in the second year, it's hard work and hard going. You'll be swamped in coursework and nver let anyone tell you that writing 1000 words on just the use of colour ion the first 10 mins of 'All About my Mother' is easy.

On the other hand apart from coursework it is usually fairly homework free. You do get to spend a lot of time watching films (but just like english lit, however much you liked it the first time, you'll be heartily sick of it by the 20th run through) and you'll see a lot of films you probably wouldn't have watched otherwise.

With a good teacher and decent resources, it should be an exciting, interesting, challenging and fun subject and i'd heartily recomend it to all of you who are interested.

By the way, I'm not being paid to advertise the subject, I just love it. And I got an A in my FS A level.

No comments:

Post a Comment